Easy cleaning tips to freshen your home
Hardly anyone loves cleaning (except our teams, of course!) so here are some ideas to keep your home in tip top condition, with minimal effort, between our visits:
- Always clean a room from top to bottom – start with the webs, surface dust high items first and finish with the skirting boards, then vacuum. Begin your cleaning in the furthest corner of the room and work back towards the door.
- When dusting, use a damp microfibre cloth. Ensure the cloth is only just damp to avoid leaving streaks. Dry the surface with a microfibre polishing cloth to remove excess moisture and make it shine!
- To clean Venetian blinds or plantation shutters, close the slats, dust with a damp microfibre cloth, close the slats the opposite way and dust again. With plantation shutters, always remember to open fully to clean the space between the shutters and the window.
- Always vacuum floors to remove loose dirt and debris before damp mopping. Microfibre mops work best on hard floors where low moisture is required – hardwood floors or porous stone floors. Buff tiled floors with a dry microfibre mop for that mirror-shine finish!
- Vacuum your way into a room before starting in the furthest corner and vacuuming your way back out again. This ensures the high travel areas get vacuumed twice with no extra effort.
- Use a window squeegee for bathroom tiles and shower doors after every shower to minimise watermarks.
- Rub dry soap over bathroom mirrors and buff in to prevent the surface from fogging up.
- A toothbrush is an excellent tool for getting into difficult to clean areas such as behind taps, plugholes, sink strainers, and shower hair traps.